Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in more than 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
We are looking for high potential recently graduates, passionate about the agricultural sector and commodities trading to join our Commercial team as a Commercial Merchandising Trainee.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, economics
- Up to 3 years of prior internship/work experience
- Business fluency in English. Any other language a strong plus
- Computer literate
- Life-learner who seek the challenging, diverse, broad and deep experience
- Managing ambiguity: adaptable, see opportunity in change, conceptual strength
- Risk appetite: composed, resilient, risk analysis, right sizing
- Drive to win: self-starter, ambitious, relentless determination
- Effective communication: compelling and authentic communicator, broad perspective, relationship builder
- Strong analytical skills: quantitative mind, challenging, inquisitive
- Business acumen: commercial mindset, macro-economics, political trends, long-term planning
- Making decisions and execution: confident, integrity, courageous, hold self and others accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Willingness to travel and relocate.
What we offer:
You will join our team with an full time employment contract and you will have the opportunity to build your foundational commercial knowledge through a broad and deep professional trainings during two years. The plan is that, after this 24 month in Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain enterprise, you can step on a career path in commercial job family which can involve Merchants, Senior Merchants andMerchandising Managers.
In addition, if this fit with your vision we propose you:
- An exciting learning curve for the best Merchandising Trainees within one of the best business “schools” recognized by the industry.
- A dynamic and fast changing business environment where employees are encouraged to voice their opinion, make decisions, collaborate with trading commodity desks, build hands-on experience, and pursue international careers;
- Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain enterprise is highly diversified, which means direct and indirect access and exposure to an array of markets, commodities and regions. We seek and encourage diversity of thought, courage and conviction.
Does our offer match your career interests? Do you meet our requirements?
Application periods: 20th of September 2017 – 5th of November 2017.
The recruitment process typically involves an online assessment and interviews. Only suitable applicants will be invited for an interview and they will receive additional information about the next steps.