About the company:
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9800 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications. Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
1&1 Mail & Media operates Web.DE and GMX, two of Germany’s largest Internet portals, as well as an Internet portal catering to an international audience. Through these brands, we are able to reach over 39 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts.
In addition to a large editorial news section and Germany’s by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to a variety of internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services. In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring, document editing, messaging and web hosting.
About the Working Student program:
This program is intended for students (currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program) who want to gain experience, following what they learned in a specialized faculty, in order to become IT specialists.
- Learn about the company’s products and projects;
- Implement new features and bug fixes according to the products’ roadmap;
- Collaborate with the colleagues in the development team, as well as with colleagues from the QA, infrastructure, operations and product management;
- Assist senior developers throughout the entire development process.
- An analytical and detail-oriented mindset;
- Advanced level in English (both written and spoken);
- Highly motivated, self-driven and interested in Software Engineering;
- Good communication skills and a great team player.
Would be a plus:
- Previous experience in software development
- Knowledge of OOP concepts, Java / Spring / Web Services
What we offer:
- The chance to use and learn cool technologies;
- Guidance and coaching to help you every step of the way;
- The opportunity to meet and work with experienced professionals;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Full-remote or hybrid work possibility;
- Substitute days off for public holidays that occur on the weekend;
- Team events, networking events organized to promote a passionate, creative and diverse culture;
- Summerfest and Winterfest parties;
- 12.5 vacation days/6 months;
- Of course, coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruits are on us in the office.
Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations, and religions as well as people with disabilities – we encourage diversity. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.