PayU is the fintech and e-payments division of Naspers.
We are a leading financial services provider in global growth markets, delivering innovative technology that enables billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online.
Operating in 18 growth markets, we are dedicated to creating a fast, simple and efficient payment process for merchants and buyers. In Romania, we work with partners like Vodafone, BlueAir, eMAG, NN Asigurari, Fashion Days, etc.
Our 250+ payment methods and PCI certified platforms are designed to meet every consumer’s needs. The markets in which PayU operates represent a potential consumer base of nearly billion people and a huge growth potential for merchants.
How to join our team
Learn, show, repeat!
We want to know you more than through an interview, so we’ll organize a hands-on workshop on 22nd of June at our office, where you’ll learn how to design and implement a simple payments API in PHP. You will receive by email the link to register for the workshop after applying to this announcement. You will get the PayUneer badge for the internship based on your activity during the workshop.
Your knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge of OOP principles
• Familiar with relational databases
• Curious and passionate about technologies – we’re excited to learn more about your extracurricular activities & projects
• Good communication skills
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
What we offer
• A 3 months paid internship with the possibility of a full-time position afterwards
• Great colleagues eager to help you shape up your technical skills
• Office located in a central location
• Trainings and meetups
• Entertainment: Foosball, PlayStation, board-games
• Fruit days at the office
What you’ll do
• Discover that Scrum is not only a fancy buzzword, but a way to deliver high quality software
• Learn how to translate business requirements into actual code
• Own and drive development, testing and delivery for a PHP project
• Learn about microservice architecture and cloud infrastructure
• Create unit/integration/functional tests
• Find the benefits of a continuous integration pipeline
• Get familiar with containerization using Docker
• Learn about asynchronous processing in PHP
• Develop your teamwork skills
You can find more internship programs on Hipo.ro.